Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Naked Cowboy Throws His Hat Into the Ring


The Big, BIG News today is that the one and only NAKED COWBOY has thrown his hat into the ring and is running for mayor of New York City! It couldn't be as difficult as playing naked in Times Square during a snow storm, or suing M&M's for ripping off your character, so I wish the Naked Cowboy the best of luck.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/showbiz/2009-07/23/content_8464767.htm

You know you are big when the China Daily covers your story.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/music/articles/2009/07/23/1247941991176.html

This article includes many of his common sense campaign promises, such as:

"being naked is a whole lot more than having no clothes on: It's about transparency in politics, it's about telling the naked truth.", and

"He also wants to build a Times Square chapel, marrying both straight and gay couples there in a "billion-dollar wedding business that will rival Las Vegas."

As for campaign funds, the frugal candidate joked: "I have no expenses. I own 40 pairs of underwear, a car and a suitcase."

Amen, brother.

Of course, I think New York is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there . . . so I really don't have a dog in this fight.

In fact I tend to agree with Buck Owens that "I Wouldn't Live in New York City, If you Gave Me the Whole Damn Town!"

1 comment: