Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Hell of a "Push, Pull, or Drag Sale"


Apparently Uncle Sam miscalculated the amount of rednecks with old cars up on blocks in the front yard and ghetto wagons, and has run into a roadblock with the "cash for clunkers" program.

Car dealerships are actually advertising again instead of closing down, and hoopties http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooptie are a new form of currency.



My favorite part is at the beginning of the video when Sir Mix-Alot says "It feels like the old days, back when people was broke, they had to roll in a hooptie!" Indeed it does. Indeed it does. Sometimes I forget that I am broke once more, and have to remind myself that I can't party like I used to. Then I fondly reminisce about when I actually had money and never worried if my checks would clear. Memories . . . light the corners of my mind, misty water color memories . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment